Sunday, June 13, 2010

6-11-10 Workout VW, partner passing and 1st day with Indian Clubs

As I was getting off work Friday morning, I started out the day with 11 rounds 36:36 Viking Warrior snatch protocol. I focused on loosening my grip and spearing my hand through at the top, in order to ease the strain on my forearms. My forearms didn't burn nearly as much as last time, but adjusting to the change in form added an extra second or two onto my reps.

Later that day I met up with a few friends and gave them an intro to kb partner passing. We covered the basic two handed pass and pass with a flip. They picked it up very quickly, which is pretty exciting for me. I'm looking to build up a group of people to pass with in the bay area. After the first few sessions with Mike Castrogiovanni, I'm very eager to explore this practices application to sports.

Afterwards I finally broke out the Indian clubs DVD and gave the exercises their first trial run. One of these days I'll listen to the Dragon Door site and actually go with the weight they recommend. 1 lb. just seemed way too light. My shoulders are getting quite a burn from the exercises. I've spent two days with it so far am still not all the way through the DVD. First impressions, this feels like play. When performed properly, the motions are very fluid, mentally engaging, and I feel the rest of my body loosening up and relaxing as I'm getting in a workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment