Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wildland and CC June 28, 2010

Monday, my first workout of the day turned out to be a wildland fire. This primarily consisted of hiking up and down the foothills of san jose and around the perimeter of the fire looking for hot spots. I got in a good quad and hammie burn as well as got my heart rate up a bit.

Once we got back I performed the following reps for CC

Incline Pushups 3x40

Knee Tucks 3x40

I met the progression standard, but it felt significantly more difficult than previous times. For a while I was a little bewildered as to why my strength was backsliding, but then remembered that spending a few hours out in the sun on a fire might have a little affect on the strength.

Overall I'm still gaining strength on this program, which is surprising because this is the least frequently I've worked my strength training in years. The joints are still feeling very good, which is also very important. Still, I can't wait to reach level 6 in all four of the exercises and progress to four days a week of training.

No comments:

Post a Comment