Tuesday, June 22, 2010

CC Day 13 & 14

Thursday I travelled to San Diego for my volleyball team's national tournament. I was very tempted to take my TRX with me to ensure I would be able to do the pull up portion of the CC workout. In the end, I figured that part of the workout was creativity, improvisation and being able to utilize the available environment to get in a good workout. The community center at the dorms had a metal handrail that worked out perfectly for the horizontal pulls. My reps were as follows

Horizontal pulls 18, 15, 15

Full Squats 2x30

The first set is the highest number of reps I've achieved so far for a single set, so there is steady, albeit slow improvement there. The full squats felt much easier and did not elicit the same muscle burn or soreness that they did last week. I'll stay at this step for at least one more week.


Yesterday I performed the following reps

Incline pushups 3x40

Knee tucks 3x40

I performed the incline pushups on my kitchen countertop and the tucks on my top step. These are getting easier, but still not quite at the level I'm looking for to progress to the next step. I'll probably spend at least two more weeks on these steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment