Wednesday, June 9, 2010

CC Days 9 & 10

Friday my reps were

Vertical Pulls 18, 15, 15 performed on dining room table

Jackknife Squats 3x50 performed on coffee table


The limiting factor on the vertical pulls seems to be my grip strength on the smooth dining room table. If I were to perform these on a Smith Machine or a TRX, my reps would no doubt increase, but this way should have a good carry over to climbing.

I reverted back to the step 1 jack knife squats to help to remobilize my talus.


Monday my reps were

Incline Pushups 40, 40, 50 performed on kitchen counter top

Knee Tucks 40, 30, 30 performed on top step of front porch


The last set of the incline push ups I simply forgot that it was only supposed to be a set of 40. One or two more weeks here and I should be ready to progress to the kneeling pushup. I'll do the exercise as planned, but have a few questions about this step of the progression. I'm curious why Coach Wade chose to use this as the third step instead of lowering the incline. Lowering the incline would keep the body position the same as well as the relationship between the hands and the feet, and the angle of movement. This exercise also seems like it could potentially put a lot of stress on the knees. I suppose I'm just a bit disgruntled after all of these years not allowing my volleyball kids to do them, and especially not allowing them to call them "girl pushups." Who knows though, if I progress through this step and it proves to be beneficial, "knee push ups" might find their way back into volleyball practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment