Monday, August 23, 2010

August 20, 2010 Convict Conditioning, Vision Training and Rugby Skills

Friday I spent a good portion of the day watching the Women's Rugby World Cup online at the IRB website.

http://www.rwcwomens.com/index.html

I interspersed my training into the game watching. Initially, every time there was a scrum, I did a set of Convict Conditioning. My reps were as follows

Horizontal Pulls 3x30 using my dining room table

One Legged Squats down to my coffee table 2x20

I finally met the progression standard in the pulls. I'll stay here at least 1 to 2 more weeks before progressing to step 3 - Jackknife Pull ups.

Whenever a try, conversion, or penalty kick was scored, I did 1 minute of eye training using the near/far eye chart from the Z-Health Essentials course.

Once I had completed the sets for CC, I switched over to Rugby Skills practice - around the body passes, through the legs figure 8s, over/under the legs figure 8s, first with eyes open, and then a second set of each with eyes closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment