Monday, August 16, 2010

Workout August 15, 2010 - Stair Climb, Swim Day

I started the day getting off shift at the station with 15 min on the stair master, interval program, 15:15 work sets. This gave my glutes, qads and hammies a decent workout, but didn't really tax my cardio.

On the drive home I got in a swim.

Warm-up

1x25 yds 6 glides - focusing on a good hollow position to keep my legs higher in the water

1x25 4 glides with flutter kick - focusing on a smooth kick, flicking the water off my toes


Workout

12x25 yds freestyle

The main goal of this session was to relax in the water and make the swim feel as easy as possible. To do this I rolled over farther towards my back during the breathing rotation, dove into each stroke rotating to near sideways and focusing as gliding as far as possible with each stroke. Overall the swimming is nowhere near where I want it to be, but it is improving with each session, which is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment