Saturday, August 14, 2010

Workout August 13, 2010 - Convict Conditioning, Swim Day

Yesterday morning as I was getting off shift I performed the following reps

Horizontal pulls 3x40

Half one-legged squats 2x20

Due to my wrist still being a little sore, I performed the Horizontal pulls at a little higher incline than usual, with the Smith machine set at the eighth hole from the bottom. I'm going to take a page from Naked Warrior and decrease the setting down to the 7th hole for the next session.

The half one-legged squats are also straight out of Naked Warrior. I squatted down to a weight bench, lightly touching down before standing back up. Last session I performed step 7 of the squat series, using a medicine ball. My left leg is still not quite strong enough for the full range of this motion. Additionally, when performed with my right leg, this step gave me a bit of pain under and lateral to my knee cap. This is the same area that used to hurt during my volleyball days. Interestingly enough though, my right knee is pain free when performing full pistols. This is why I chose to mix in the techniques from the Naked Warrior into this step.

No comments:

Post a Comment