Monday, August 9, 2010

Workout August 9, 2010 Convict Conditioning

Today I performed the following reps

One armed wall pushups 3x50

Flat Knee Raises 3x35


My right wrist is still a little sore so I stuck with the one armed wall pushups again this week. This is providing a nice burn in my front and rear delts, and my lats.

This was the first day I've tried out the flat knee raises, step two of the hanging leg raise series. This step provided a very nice ab workout. I focused on maintaining the hollow position that we learned in RKC II, throughout the whole exercise. To do this a pressed the small of my back flat into floor especially during the lowering phase. Interestingly enough, this made the lowering phase work my abs harder than the raising phase, and also caused my obliques to engage.

Since I'm itching to get to 3 day a week, 6 exercise Good Behavior program, from now on I'll give each step 1 month like the book suggests, but then after that if I am not at the progression standard I'll start GTGing to increase my reps.

No comments:

Post a Comment