Saturday, October 29, 2011

World's Toughest Mudder and Goruck Training - Day 16

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Today was a busy day at work so I was only able to get in a few GTG sets. I performed the pistols with eyes closed to further work my stabilizer muscles and balance. Instead of incline pushups my first shift I've started doing assisted wall dips. To do this I do wall dips with my hands on a weight bench, knees bent and feet on the floor.



This is one of the exercises from American Parkour that I've been incorporating into my workouts. The distance in World's Toughest Mudder is only part of the equation. There's 30 as of yet unknown obstacles to contend with for each lap. Parkour is the art of moving through one's environment and obstacles as efficiently as possible so this seemed like a good way to prepare for the Mudder. The wall dips should help with scaling and getting over walls should there be any on the course.

My routine for the day was as follows

GTG x4 sets
5 ea leg blind pistols to weight bench
10 assisted wall dips

40 24kg swings x2

No comments:

Post a Comment