Friday, October 14, 2011

World's Toughest Mudder Training - Day 13

Monday, October 10, 2011

Just as I was incorporating more grip strength training into my routine Dragondoor.com released the Convict Conditioning 2 ebook.

http://www.dragondoor.com/convict-conditioning-2-ebook/

The first section of this book is devoted to grip strength. For my first workout of the day I substituted 1 min bar hangs for pull ups. My workout for the day was as follows.

6 sets of GTG 20 incline pushups and 15 tucks


3 rounds
25 swiss ball sit ups
25 supermans
15 24kg kettlebell swings
15 8kg bottoms up floor press
1 min bar hang

3 x 1 mile sprint on exercise bike w/ 1 min rest
3:25, 3:05, 3:20

The 1 minute bar hangs were a surprising challenge. The last 5 seconds of each round really began to light up my forearms. From a rock climber's stand point the grip strength progressions in this book are surprisingly simple and intuitive. I'm pretty excited to see how my forearms and grip respond to this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment