Sunday, October 2, 2011

World's Toughest Mudder Training - Day 6

September 28

In an effort to increase my leg strength, in particular my internal quads, and muscular endurance I've been doing more biking. It's been a great low impact exercise. Today's workout centered primarily around a spin class followed by some weight and interval training. It was as follows

1 hour spin class

8x3 12kg Bottoms Up Floor Presses ea arm

20:10 tabata row 8 rounds

Towards the end of the spin class we did standing isolations where we focused on keeping our upper bodies as still as possible. These were a great leg burn. I chose to do the floor presses BU to work my grip strength and shoulder stabilizer muscles. The Concept II rower is one of my favorite forms of cardio training. It's low impact and works the whole body.

No comments:

Post a Comment