Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 13, 2010 Climbing Rugby Day

Yesterday I went to the gym and climbed 1 V0, 2 V1s, and 3 v2s. Since today is a rest and recovery day, this will be my last climbing session before the Fire Olympics climbing comp tomorrow. I didn't realize until after I signed up that the open category was for V4 and above. I haven't climbed a V4 in quite a while and currently consider myself to be a strong V2-3 climber. Yesterday I did onsite (complete the climb on the first attempt without any prior knowledge of the climb) all of my climbs except for one V2. That one took 3 attempts and it was more of a problem solving and footwork issue than anything else. My grip, core and forearms all felt strong. My goal for the comp tomorrow is to complete one V4 to justify my open category registration. We'll see how it goes.

Afterwards I met up with a teammate and we did rugby/kettlebell knowledge swap. She gave me pointers and drills to help with passing and I put her through my intro KB session. Both learning and teaching back to back like this made for a fun and relaxed format. Hopefully we can get in another session this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment