Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 19, 2010 Viking Warrior, CC and 50/50 GTG

Viking Warrior 36:36 snatch protocol 12 kg bell, 7 work sets. This one is still burning out my grip and forearms more than anything else. Thinking about rugby and conditioning today, I'm going try a little experiment, going back to the 15:15 protocol and adding in active rest to the Viking and see what happens. I'll have to play around with it and see what works best. For starters I'll use the same bell and do two hand swings during the rest sets.



CC for this day was as follows

Inlcine pushups 3x40

Knee tucks 3x40

The release of the new Kettlebell TRX video got me thinking.

http://www.dragondoor.com/dv068.html

I've long loved combining kettlebells with the TRX system, usually doing a set of 15-25 two handed swings in between exercises to keep my heart rate up. It's been a while though, since I've used the system with any regularity, focusing mainly on Viking Warrior and Convict Conditioning. The release of this DVD provided the perfect incentive to get back into using it again. While waiting for the DVD to arrive, I remembered the 40/40 challenge on the TRX website. Since I like a good challenge, I figured I'd start training for it.

http://www.fitnessanywhere.com/40_40_challenge/

I started out with 5 easy GTG sets done on the hour, 5 reps each of atomic push ups and rows, with a minute break between the two sets. Once I complete 12 sets of this for total of 60 reps of each exercise I'll bump it up to 10 reps per set.

No comments:

Post a Comment