Friday, July 9, 2010

Workout June 29, 2010 Viking Warrior and Kettlebell Partner Passing

Tuesday as I was getting off shift I got in 17 rounds of 15:15, 8 reps w/ the 12 kg bell. I added in my SCBA mask to help prepare for the Trans-America building full gear stair climb coming up on the 19th of this month.

Afterwards I met up with Mike Castrogiovanni for another session of kettlebell partner passing, a video of which can be seen here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6U4qDodptM

We reviewed some of the techniques from previous sessions such as the basic two handed pass with a flip, and then one and two bell progressions. Afterwards we progressed into the freestyle techniques. The applications that this has for sports are almost limitless. In one session, we trained strength, cardio, redirecting forces, situational awareness, reading body language, agility and balance. I'm very excited to see how this affects my rugby game, and am very eager to train up a few teammates to have a few practice partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment